Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Christian Workout - Spiritual Gifts

The Christian Workout

Ø Monday:

Love, prayer, Poor Relief

Ø Tuesday:

Joy, prayer

Ø Wednesday:

Peace, prayer

Ø Thursday:

Spreading the Gospel, prayer

Ø Friday:

Spiritual Gifts, prayer

Ø Saturday:

Fellowship, prayer

Ø Sunday:

Rest

I have made another couple changes, I have moved Poor Relief over to Monday with Love, because I think it is more an action of Love.

On Friday, I have added Spiritual gifts, which has been on my mind a lot these past few days.

The idea of Spiritual Gifts comes in 1 Corinthians 12 to 14... Perhaps on Friday you could read that as part of your Bible Study.

I believe that everyone has been given some kind of spiritual gift.

My spiritual gift is the gift of the ministry.

Yours may be something different.

To find out your spiritual gift will take a lot of Bible study and prayer. To find your gift, you must first find your purpose or calling in life. Your gift will be that thing that makes it possible for you to fulfil your calling.

Again I am no expert on the matter, so for the mean time I am going to exhort you to read your Bible and pray.

Perhaps you might want to focus on some Bible characters, look at what their purpose in scripture was, and then look at what spiritual gifts God gave them.

For example Moses, his purpose was to lead the children of Israel... his gift was his closeness with God, the Bible tells us that he could talk face to face with God as if He were his friend.

If you know your gift, you might want to think of ways in which you can put those gifts to use.

Remember everything should be done to the honour and glory of God!

No comments:

Post a Comment